The DeKalb Clinic was founded and opened on March 1, 1950, by Dr. Kurt Biss, Dr. Paul Carney, and Dr. Grant Suttie. At that time, most health care was provided by solo general practitioners, who had little choice but to treat all medical and surgical conditions by themselves. These three physicians had a goal to create a multi-specialty clinic by combining the talents of specialists. They merged their individual practices, and sought and obtained Board Certification in their individual specialties, long before it was common practice to do so.
Since then, we have continued to grow and today, we provide a comprehensive team of medical and surgical specialists, dedicated nurses, and conscientious support staff.
For over fifty years, we remain the only true multi-specialty clinic in the DeKalb County, Illinois area.